Better City Life through Smart Tourism
4. März 2020
15:00 - 15:45 Uhr
CityCube Berlin, Saal A1
- How to create a competitive advantage for attractive and livable urban destinations
- The disruptive power of mobile applications, technology, big data, augmented reality and new social media bears a lot of chances for destinations and tour operators to create a new visitor experience.
- Becoming a smart urban destination requires a well thought and integrated approach.
- The World Tourism Cities Federation (WTCF) has just recently released the “Global Report on Smart Tourism in Cities” sharing the results of a comprehensive research on smart tourism in urban destinations.
- This panel aims at providing a platform for learning about the outcome and conclusions made in the WTCF research.
- At the same time, it intends to give all stakeholders a stage to share their experiences in implementing smart initiatives and use technology as a tool to create extraordinary experiences and enable visitors to better enjoy their stay in a destination.
Esencan Terzibasoglu, Special Advisor to the Secretary General, WTCF, former Director of Destination Management and Quality Programme, UNWTO
Sascha Stange, Deputy Director of the Liaison Department, World Tourism Cities Federation WTCF
Dr. Joan Borràs, ICT & Tourism Project Manager, Department of Tourism Innovation, Eurecat - the Technological Centre of Catalonia
Dr. Fang Meng, WTCF Expert & Associate Professor, School of Hotel, Restaurant & Tourism Management, University of South Carolina